Getting your home, garage or any other building insulated can be a BIG project. Before you hire a residential insulation contractor, you should do your research. The experts at Boak & Sons can help you know what to expect during an insulation project. Here are some questions you can ask to make sure you have all the information you need when you decide to start your insulation project:
- What safety precautions does your company take? This is a big one. You want to make sure that the residential insulation contractor you hire makes safety a priority since they will be working in your home. Insulation installers should be wearing protective gear including safety goggles, heavy-duty gloves, a dust mask or respirator and, preferably, a full body safety suit that has a hood to keep particles from getting on their skin and in their hair.
- What insulation products do you offer? There are a few different types of insulation materials that can be installed in your home. Each material has unique purposes, so it’s key to make sure your residential insulation contractor knows the best material for your needs. Boak & Sons offers multiple different types of residential insulation materials. You can read more about those here!
- Do you have insurance and workers compensation for EACH MEMBER of your crew? Another big one here! It’s so important that the contractor working in your home is properly insured and has workers comp for every single person working in your home. Ask for proof of insurance!
- How long will it take you to insulate my space? This answer will depend on the size of your project. However, insulation doesn’t normally take very long to install. When your residential insulation contractor gives you an estimate, they should be able to give you an estimate of how long it’s going to take them to complete it. Be flexible though, as unforeseen conditions could always change the timeline of the job.
- Do you ask for money down? Unfortunately, contracting jobs are a popular way for companies to take advantage of homeowners. All too many times, homeowners make a down payment to a contractor and then never see that crew again. If your contractor is asking for money BEFORE they complete the job, this is a red flag!
- Can you give me a free estimate? We can’t speak for everyone, but Boak & Sons sure can! Schedule your free estimate today, or call our office at 330-793-5646 to speak to a residential insulation contractor about your project!